Pages

Friday 27 March 2009

Facebook - The Next Big Thing?

It have now been using Facebook for 3 months now and I have to say this is the future of the web.

It has captured peoples attention worldwide, from business to individual. The potential for viral networking is awesome using the tools provided.

I decided to try out the viral potential of a fun appliction. I created "A Piece Of Ireland" as a fun gift app. I has 25 friends at the time (209 at present) I sent them gifts. After 2 weeks I began to see a sudden surge in usage. Up to 4,000 users in 2 weeks! Hmm, I didn't have to promote this app. It just went viral. 6 weeks on and there are 79,675 users!! It has had 385,000 items sent to people around the world!

I think this proved that viral apps will gather the momentum to push a message for a product or business easily with minimum investment.

I then tried a simple 10 question quiz. 3 weeks later - 9,964 people have used it!

Again, the message is clear. _ Facebook has serious marketing potential.

I am now working on virtual PR via Facebook. Already clients are seeing amazing changes in direct contact and return on a minimum investment. In bad economic times, Facebook has so much to offer marketers.

No comments:

Funniest Video on You Tube....

This has got to be the funniest thing on the web. Harry Enfield / Paul Whitehouse are comic genuses.

Women know your limits

The feminists will die at this!! lol